Taking Care of Yourself
Ten ways to stay healthy while you are pregnant
- Go to your prenatal visits (health care while you are pregnant).
- Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water every day.
- Eat healthy foods.
- Learn about healthy foods to eat during pregnancy
- Learn about exercise during pregnancy.
- Get plenty of rest.
- Do not use alcohol, cigarettes, or street drugs.
- Learn about safety during pregnancy.
- Wear your seat belt.
- Go to a childbirth education group.
- Learn to relax with deep breathing.
- Talk about your questions and worries. Ask for help.
Ways Your Support Person Can Help
Your support person may be your partner, the father of the baby, a friend, or family member. Your support person can:
- Be a good listener.
- Go to a childbirth education group or prenatal visit.
- Ask questions at prenatal visits.
- Help with housework, errands, and cooking.
- Help with childcare.